Search This Blog

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Busy Saturday

Got an early start on a perfect spring day by heading over to my grandmother's to do some yard work.  The fog was thick and the air was cool at about 8 a.m. when I arrived.
I really enjoy photographing this old shed, standing proudly for nearly 70 years now.
As soon as the sun came out, the fog burned off and the temperatures jumped.
Got busy raking and pulling weeds in the flower beds and along the house.
The unfortunate part of this time of year is the abundance of ticks.  After every pile of leaves I raked, I thoroughly checked myself.
Felt great getting a couple of hours of yard work in.
Went home to relax for a bit and then headed over to Borden's Pond in Chatham with my sister, kids and dogs.
We were all so happy to be out soaking in this gorgeous afternoon.
The dogs were thrilled to be out on the trails playing in the woods.
My niece Taylor found her prize under a log.
She was very pleased!
My nephew Holden hanging out.
No explanation needed here.   The walk wasn't very long, but felt great.
After getting back home I decided to get out on the lake.
Did a short trip out to the middle of the lake and returned. First kayak trip of the spring and and sure did feel nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment