Search This Blog

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter Sunset at Harrier Hill

Enjoyed a gorgeous, sun filled Easter Sunday at my grandparents with the whole family eating food, playing ball, going for walks and catching up with everyone.  After getting home, the evening was turning out to be pretty gorgeous too.  I wanted to catch the sunset somewhere nice so I headed down to the Greenport area to visit Harrier Hill, a Columbia County Land Conservancy property.  The property is an old farm located at the top of a hill overlooking the Hudson River and Catskill Mountains.
Weather was nearly perfect for April.  60 degrees and a very light southerly breeze.
A small pond on the property.
Looking back at the trail.
Peaceful benches make a wonderful spot to relax and enjoy a beautiful spot.
Setting sun eclipsed by the silo.
An old weathered fence.
Looking across the fields down towards the river.
The Catskills rising just to the south of the sunset.
Pretty skies.

I sat down in the grass and simply enjoyed the moment.  When I turned around I realized several others had arrived after me to soak in the sunset as well.
The days last light.
As twilight descends, the pinkish hues take over the horizon.
A nearly perfect Easter Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment