Search This Blog

Friday, November 2, 2018

Hollyhock Hollow Sanctuary(Selkirk)

The trade off for our seemingly non stop wet weather has been a recent warm up, so I took advantage of a dry slot this afternoon and headed over to the Hollyhock Hollow Sanctuary, located at 46 Rarick Road in Selkirk.  I was the only car there when I arrived and headed off into the damp woods along the Creek Trail. Almost immediately I ran into an eerie fog hanging over the Onesquethaw Creek.
 I took my time strolling along the creek, enjoying the creepy vibe.
 Still a little fall color hanging on along the creek.
 Most of the foliage I did manage to see were oranges and yellows, but I did get lucky to spot a little dab of red.
Eventually the Creek Trail comes to a crossing over Rarick Road and enters the deep woods.  I looped along most of the trails, soaking in the peaceful tranquility. 
 While many trees have already shed their leaves, others are still looking like they are peak.
While I was looking up at the trees most of the walk, I guess I should've been looking down as well, because I was literally covered in ticks once I got back to the car.
An easy 2 miles RT.

1 comment:

  1. I discovered your blog site on google and test a number of of your early posts. Continue to maintain up the excellent operate. I just extra up your RSS feed to my MSN News Reader. In search of ahead to reading extra from you afterward!… slots for real money

    ReplyDelete