Search This Blog

Friday, April 19, 2019

Siegel-Kline Kill Conservation Area(Town of Ghent, Columbia County)

Took a short walk at the Columbia Land Conservancy's Siegel-Kline Kill Conservation Area in the town of Ghent this afternoon.  It was a warm spring day and even a bit humid, with rain showers knocking on the doorstep when I arrived.  Bird calls and budding trees greeted me as I headed down towards the creek, filling the air with a spring vibe.
 Paused for a few minutes along the banks of the peaceful Kline Kill.
 Back on the trail, I took a moment to observe nature's rebirth.
Vibrant trees across the meadow are swelling with buds as well, ready to burst forth with life.
Fields and lawns alike seem to color a bit unevenly to start the spring.  Along the mowed path, green grass is already taking over, surrounded by lagging fields.
Climbing up the hill, taking a look at the upper field.  Even a short climb like this got me sweating in the humidity, but a stiff south breeze kept it comfortable.
Sure feels good to see some green in a gray and brown world.  Within a few short weeks, green will be the predominant color all around.
As I arrived back at the car, the first rain drops hit my windshield followed by a steadier light rain for  my drive home.  Walked a little over 1 mile total.

No comments:

Post a Comment