Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Barberville Falls Preserve(Town of Poestenkill, Rensselaer County)

Got out for the first time in what seemed like ages this morning and visited a couple of Rensselaer Plateau Alliance properties. My first stop was Barberville Falls Preserve, which I've visited many times previously, and was shocked to have the woods to myself.  The 92 foot falls dazzled as usual, even with a low water volume flowing down.

Can't recall seeing the Poesten Kill this low too many times before. 
Wandered the various trails at the preserve, enjoying the solitude of the woods.  The peace and quiet was interrupted briefly when a coyote wandered quite close to me(about 20 yards away).  This was a first for me, as I had never seen one while out hiking.  What a rush!
Covered about 1.8 miles total at this beautiful preserve.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment