Search This Blog

Thursday, June 13, 2019

Kinderhook Creek Preserve(East Nassau, Rensselaer County)

Did a local walk at the Rensselaer Land Trust's beautiful Kinderhook Creek Preserve on a cool, cloudy evening.  Each time I come to visit this jewel of a preserve I am reminded how gorgeous these woods are, and of the great work that the Land Trust puts in.  The trails are immaculate and several benches/ picnic tables strategically placed make for a great experience.
A fork in the road...the trails are all very well marked so getting lost is not an option.
Our wet spring has meant vivid colors on the wildflowers.
 Searching my pockets for loose change!
 Eventually made my way down to the preserve's centerpiece, the Kinderhook Creek.
Wandered many of the trails, meandering along, taking my time back to the car.  A nice, easy, and incredibly peaceful 2 miles at this wonderful preserve.

1 comment:

  1. My old stomping grounds many years ago... grew up on what is now Bath Township Road off Tsatsawassa Lake Road and spent many summers exploring the woods in this area.

    ReplyDelete