Search This Blog

Monday, May 9, 2016

Robert Ingalls Preserve(East Nassau)

After a long day of yard work at the new house, I got out for a quick, local walk at the Robert Ingalls Preserve on a beautiful, sunny but cool spring evening.  The woods were peaceful and quiet as I strolled along.
 One of my favorite places to stop and relax.  The footbridge over Black Brook.
 Black Brook.
 I did a number of trails that meander throughout the woods, including the short side trail to the cascades on Black Brook.
 Following a rock wall on a ridge on one of the newer trails in the northwest part of the preserve.
 Found this large rock circle to be interesting.
 The woods are springing to life through filtered sunlight.
 A special "thanks" goes out to the Rensselaer Land Trust for their great trail work at the preserve.  This has become one of my favorite local walks.
Hiked about 1.8 easy miles RT.

No comments:

Post a Comment