Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Lledge Rock Park(West Galway)

While exploring some back roads on my way home this afternoon, I stumbled across Lledge Rock Park in West Galway. A very small pull off can be found on the south side of the West Galway Road, across from Cummings Pond.  There is barely room for one car, so I pulled off the road as far as I could and entered the woods.
 The trails at this park are wide and numerous throughout these woods, and look like they are used often by mountain bikers, as well as hikers.
 Moss covered stone walls can be found  near the first trail junction I came to.
 I passed by several trail junctions, keeping on all of the outside trails, hugging first the north then west boundaries of these woods.  I eventually came to wide open fields at the park's high elevation point all the way to the south.
 Wandered through the woods, soon finding my way back down to a blue marked trail that drops down towards West Galway Road again, and a view north, across the road to Cummings Pond.
The climb up away from the road is certainly the steepest section of trail, passing by some "rock
 ledges"(Perhaps the park's namesake?)
 Hiked many of the trails in the park, totaling probably about 1.75 miles or so.  While there isn't anything exceptional about these trails, it is simply a nice walk in the woods.

1 comment:

  1. I went there last year with Benny. It's actually owned by Curtis family (think Curtis lumber), but open to public.

    ReplyDelete