Search This Blog

Thursday, January 25, 2018

Thacher Park

Went for a short walk after work this afternoon at Thacher Park atop the Helderberg escarpment. Parked in the Paint Mine parking lot and set out on a sunny, but breezy and cold day.  A far cry from its mid summer popularity, as I was the only car in the lot when I arrived. I started along partly frozen Mine Lot Creek.
Followed along the creek for a bit, checking out the wintry waterfalls, which can be quite scenic this time of year.
Crossing the creek onto the Nature Trail is where the real ice began.  Luckily, I had brought my Hillsound spikes so it was easy going.
Did the full 1.1 mile Nature Trail loop which circles back along the creek.  There was a little more snow in the shaded areas a bit higher up.
 More cascades along the creek.
 Hitting the home stretch with the cold winter wind putting a chill through me.
The ice has really built up in some spots so spikes may have to be an option for folks out walking the next few days.
Hiked about 1.3 miles total.

No comments:

Post a Comment