Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Burl Trail(Ballston Spa, Saratoga County)

Took a quiet and peaceful stroll this morning on the Burl Trail along the banks of the Kayaderosseras Creek on a hot summer day. The trailhead is located on the south side of Northline Road just east of Route 50 in Ballston Spa, where ample parking is available.  Only one other car was there when I arrived and I quickly spotted them fishing as I started along the trail.
There are several spots along the trail to enjoy views of the creek or even fish if you are so inclined.
Even early in the morning, the temperature was already soaring into the 80's under sunny skies. 
Wildflowers are in full bloom, so I really took my time enjoying them.  Tiger lily's were quite abundant in spots.
More wildflowers.
Full summer growth encroaching on the trail and creek.

There were a few informal paths that drop down to the shores of the water, so I stopped down to check out this bend in the creek.
Lazy summer days.
Back near the parking area I spotted another large swath of tiger lily's as I completed my loop.
A very relaxing 1 mile loop at this pretty spot along the Kayaderosseras.  If in the area, this is certainly a great place to get out and stretch your legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment