Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Christman Sanctuary(Town of Duanesburg-Schenectady County)

After hiking Bald Mountain in the Catskills, I found that I still had some dry weather to play with on the drive home, so I stopped at the Christman Sanctuary in Duanesburg.  The trails were very muddy but nothing over the top horrible.
 Spring blooms.
 The falls at the Sanctuary never disappoint. 
I was lucky enough to have the trails to myself today.  A rarity at this popular location.
 The falls near the Lean To.
 I wandered along the creek, soaking in the serenity of the rushing water. 
 One last shot of a set of cascades on the Bozen Kill.
 Just off the yellow trail I found this dedication. 
A nice and easy 1.5 miles, with a light sprinkle moving in as I got back to the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment