Search This Blog

Monday, May 18, 2020

Wolf Creek Falls Preserve(Albany County Helderbergs)

Visited the Mohawk Hudson Land Conservancy's 135 acre Wolf Creek Falls Preserve, located in the town of Knox this afternoon.  Perhaps it was the overcast skies and rainy morning, but I was still pleasantly surprised to be the only car there when I pulled in.  I have visited this preserve on numerous occasions but it is still one of my favorites, and seems to fly under the radar.
I explored the various trails on both the north and south side of Bozenkill Road.  On the north side of the road, there are numerous small, picturesque cascades on Wolf Creek.  From the creek crossing, I caught this awesome shot, where last night's rain had the water rushing along.
Just upstream about 15 yards from the creek crossing is another pretty shelf falls.
Passed by remnants of an old foundation along the white trail.  The foundation walls seem to be in very good conditions still and there are other artifacts laying around as well.
Even in the hilltowns, spring is finally catching up. It was really nice seeing so much green in the woods!
As stated, there are many different small sets of falls at the preserve that can be enjoyed from the trail, or just a few steps off trail.
More falls.
The sun began to push through the clouds just as I was taking this shot of a small cascade near the white trail.
There are a TON of old stone walls found throughout the preserve.  I'm sure most of this land was farmed a few generations ago.
Took my time strolling most of the trails at the preserve.  Walked about 3 miles total on a mostly cloudy, but comfortable spring day.

1 comment:

  1. Indeed, Wolf Creek Falls Preserve rarely fails to deliver.

    ReplyDelete