Search This Blog

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Ashuwillticook Rail Trail(Berkshires)

Ahhh, the sweetest time of the year is about to unfold!  I love the refreshing and cooler, yet comfortable weather of September and October and today was a nearly perfect day to be outdoors.  After watching football I headed over to the Berkshires for a very pleasant evening walk along the Asuwillticook Rail Trail in Cheshire.  The Rail Trail itself is a ten foot wide, universally accessible recreational path that follows an old railroad corridor for 11.2 miles from Lanesborough to Adams, Ma.
There are a few different access points along the trail, each with their own charm.  My favorite access point is along Farnams Road in Cheshire, which provides a very scenic walk along the shores of Cheshire Reservoir.
 A look at the beautiful scene across the placid waters of Cheshire Reservoir.
 A bucolic view near Farnams Road.
Unfortunately I forgot the memory card for my camera home, so I had to take these pictures with my cell phone.   Still a very pleasant Sunday evening walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment