Search This Blog

Thursday, March 10, 2022

Albany Pine Bush-Rensselaer Lake to Rapp Barrens Loop(Albany County)

Got out and enjoyed a short and easy loop hike at the Albany Pine Bush starting from Rensselaer Lake(Six Mile Waterworks Park) on a slowly improving weather day.  With skies clearing and temps  climbing above 40 degrees, yesterday's snowfall was quickly disappearing as I walked.

A light breeze and sunny skies made for very pleasant conditions as I made my way west to the Rapp Barrens Trailhead on Lincoln Ave.

 

Circling back to Rensselaer Lake near the Northway overpass, with the snow and ice receding before my eyes.


A very nice 2.4 mile loop, and only saw a couple other folks out enjoying the day.

2 comments:

  1. Anyway you can do a tour of the old Camp Barker and its cabins/lake? I haven't been there in years since i was a kid, I believe its near dyken pond

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, is that public land? Not sure exactly where that is. Is it actually part of the Dyken Pond property?

      Delete