Search This Blog

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Crescent Halfmoon Park(Mohawk Towpath Byway)

Had a busy day today with several things to do so I was limited on hiking options.  Combine that with the fact that I forgot my memory card for the camera, and I decided not to take on any big hikes.  I opted for a nice walk along the north banks of the Mohawk River at the Crescent Halfmoon Park instead. The park is part of the Mohawk Towpath Scenic Byway and offers users a scenic waterfront environment.
Unfortunately my phone doesn't take quite as good photos as my camera.  I parked at the Canal Road lot and began my walk.
The skies were clear(for a little while) and a light breeze made for pleasant walking.  This is a very beautiful and quiet area with benches for sitting and relaxing in the shade.
The trail goes west along the river for about 2 miles.  Today, due to limited time I only did about half a mile up and half a mile back.
Algae and lily pads fill this section of shoreline.
Looking east towards the Crescent Bridge which spans the river.
There are several private docks along this section of shoreline and private residences across the road.
 

Enjoyed a nice, short walk along the Mohawk River.  Would love to do more exploring when I have an opportunity.

A steady dose of rain moved in for a while, before the sun came back at dusk.
Had my good camera back for some nice evening pictures on the lake.



No comments:

Post a Comment