Search This Blog

Friday, December 6, 2019

Schodack Town Park(Schodack, Rensselaer County)

Following this week's monster snow storm, I've been anxious to dust off the snowshoes and do some exploring...but one thing after another has prevented me from doing so.  With a very small window of free time today I decided to drop by the Schodack Town Park, located just minutes away from my work.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that I had the park to myself, so I strolled the trails with a steady light snow fell overhead.  As I followed the broken trail along the Moordener Kill, I couldn't help but enjoy the magic of wintry landscape.
 Even after a few days of condensing, there is still close to a foot and a half of snow at the park.
The Moordener Kill never looks quite as pretty as it does after a freshly fallen snow.
Walked a little over a mile total, enjoying the peaceful winter woods.  While just scratching the surface of the winter hiking season, I was certainly left wanting more.  Hoping to have some more free time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment