Search This Blog

Sunday, May 20, 2018

Tech Park Trails(North Greenbush)

Took a brief opportunity to get out for an evening walk at the Tech Park trails located in the town of North Greenbush.  I parked in the unmarked pull off along Global View(there is a small Waterfalls Trails sign next to a tree) and began my walk across the open meadows.  The weather was split as I meandered along, with stormy skies prevailing just to the north, and blue skies winning out to the south.
 Once I entered the woods, the trails got a bit more muddy.
 I've visited these woods on several different occasions but it has been a while, and this is the first time I have been here since they began marking the trails. I followed the red marked waterfalls trail, which closely follows a deep chasm carved out by small streams that drain these slopes.
 A muddy descent brought me to a pair of lovely small waterfalls.  The first is about 7 or 8 feet high.
 Several yards below the first falls is a second, smaller, but broader falls.  From the base of these second falls, I caught a nice look up at both sets, creating a tiered effect.
Once I completed the marked trail, I began following the unmarked herd paths that wander all over these woods.  Although unmarked, they are wide and very easy to follow.
 I dropped down to the railroad tracks, which run just east of the Hudson River, but there were a few ATV's riding around down there, so I turned back.  Explored the woods off trail for a bit, finding another tributary with small cascades.  This part of the woods had a surprisingly wild feel to it.
Headed back up to the main trail and bridge crossing over the stream.
Walked about 1.75 miles total, and even worked up a bit of a sweat.
Enjoyed a beautiful sunset over the Albany skyline on my way home.



1 comment:

  1. I've checked out these trails a bit over the last few weeks too, and have been adding to AllTrails ... the "Waterfall Trail" area is really nice (although the main Red loop at the bottom has a huge tree that blocks an otherwise easy crossing ... due to the steep ravines, bushwacking is rough there). I do recommend this area, but the other area (the southern trail leaving from behind CMOST) leave much to be desired ... it's like a totally different world ... the trails are NOT in good shape (at least a few weeks ago)

    ReplyDelete