Search This Blog

Saturday, March 6, 2021

Albany-Hudson Electric Trail(Town of Nassau, Rensselaer County)

Checked out another small section of the new Albany-Hudson Electric Trail, starting in the village of Nassau on a cold, blustery late winter day.  There is ample parking along John Street at the Village Common near the Little League field, along with plenty of trail signage.  One thing that I have noticed from my visits to this new trail is that there are plenty of informative and sometimes historical boards along the way.  I really love this aspect of the trail.


I left the car heading south, first passing through part of the village before entering a quieter, wooded stretch.

A short distance in, the trail crosses over the Valatie Kill, a small creek that eventually empties into the Kinderhook Creek in the village of Valatie.  There are two well built footbridges over the creek in this stretch of the trail.
As I continued south, the main theme along the trail were large swaths of wetland.  Just to the west is the more expansive one, but I really liked this framed, bucolic view to the east.
The geese are on the move, signifying that spring must be near!  I was photo bombed by several large flocks as I was about to take a picture of this wetland. 
Turned around at Sweets Crossing Road and headed back north the way I had just came.  Walked a nice, brisk 3.5 miles total and only saw one other couple out the entire time.   I have been quite impressed so far in my visits to this trail, and makes a great local option to stretch my legs.


3 comments:

  1. Hello, Walking Man--- I have been stalking your blog for several years now. I totally enjoy following your adventures. And I just love your photos. I have a request--- I am a watercolor painter, Not famous, but I have painting some decent work. Almost all my work has derived from nature. Green is my favorite color. Landscapes one of my favorite things to paint. That said, would I have your permission to use your photos as inspiration for a painting? I believe this comment gives you access to my email, and would love it if you could respond via email. I'd be happy to share with you images of my landscape paintings if that might help you decide. Jane C.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind words! Glad you enjoy the blog! I have no problem with you using any of my photos for your watercolor paintings. For some reason I cannot see your email address, though. Hope all is well, and enjoy your landscape painting!!

      Delete