Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Colonie Town Park Mountain Bike Trails

Had a bit over an hour to kill early this afternoon so decided to try to beat the rain and run some of the mountain bike trails that meander throughout the woods of the Colonie Town Park.  Got started from the parking lot for the Mohawk Hudson Bike Path off of New Loudon Road in Latham and headed towards the Town Park.  Evidently the wet weather kept others at bay as I had the place to myself.

A short distance along the bike path, I headed into the woods on the 2nd Entrance for "the Ridge", a mountain bike trail.

Thee are literally tons of trails that zig zag throughout these woods, most of them unmarked but obvious.

As I wandered around, the rain began to pick up in intensity.  I had initially planned on going to the Mohawk River but with the rain picking up, I opted to turn back. At one point I came to a small stream crossing on a rough, muddy path(Not even sure it was an actual trail but the rain was picking up so I didn't bother to find out)

A fun little area to explore on a rainy afternoon.  Lots of trails for the locals to check out, but didn't see another soul on this day, arriving back to the car soaking wet. 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment